SFSC's Policies, Procedures and Protocols
SFSC General Policies
Refunds / Cancellation:
- Cancellations can be made by email to our Registration Chair, Kris Satre, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refunds will be calculated by subtracting a $110 non-refundable fee from the skating fee, and then that amount will be prorated by the number of weeks your child has already skated (based on a 20 week skating season total).
- Refunds will be issued by our Treasurer using the method of payment you initially paid with on the website (or by cheque if you paid by cash).
- All skaters must wear a CSA approved hockey helmet until CanSkate Stage 5 is passed. Please contact your child's previous coach to determine skating level last completed.
- Clothing must allow safe and free movement. Jewelry, long hanging strings, etc are not advised
- Long hair must be up and off the face to allow for proper visibility (eg. pony tail, headband, toque, etc)
- Figure skates (or hockey skates) with proper ankle support – no molded skates or adjustable skates. Junior Star and StarSkate: Figure skates fitted from a skate shop – Toe Picks (Red Deer), ProSkate (Edmonton) or United Cycle (Edmonton) are used by club members
CanSkate, JumpStart, PreCanSkate and Hockey Skills Programs
- Parents must be present in the building for the duration of the skating session to assist skaters as needed. Coaches and Program Assistants are not able to tie skates, assist children to the washroom, or help with other equipment concerns.
Junior Star program
- A coach must be present to supervise/coach all Junior Star skating sessions. Skaters must not enter the ice surface until a coach or Board Member is present.
- A coach or Board Member must be present during all skating sessions. If one is not available, the ice session will end early or be cancelled.
In an effort to ensure the health of all skaters, Program Assistants and Coaches, please do not attend a skating session if your skater is not feeling well. In the case of private lessons, contact your skater's coach to let them know.